Symplexis is a dynamic non-for-profit organisation, aiming at elevating social cohesion, serving the modern needs of populations at risk of social exclusion and promoting human rights. For this purpose, the organization designs and implements user-centered activities, having a set of values as cornerstone, like impact sustainability, respect to uniqueness and tailor-made approach, user-driven design and implementation, results-based orientation and superior community ideals.
Symplexis pays particular emphasis to donour funded Programmes promoting human rights and integration of vulnerable populations, implementing currently several donour funded transnational projects, in cooperation with NGOs, universities, companies, VET centers and institutions from countries throughout the European Union. As part of the continuous growth and expansion in the organisation’s projects of transnational cooperation, we are looking to hire a hard-working and enthusiastic Project Officer to join our team.
The main duties of the Project Officer position involve leading the implementation of specific ongoing projects, with contribution under 2 pillars:
- Project Management both in terms of the activities foreseen for the organization as well as at consortium level, vis-à-vis all other partners involved
- Coordination and implementation of specific project activities
Additionally, the Project Officer will be asked to contribute during the preparation of new proposals for funding under various Programmes, mainly Erasmus+, Rights Equality and Citizenship, AMIF and Horizon2020.
- BSc Degree preferably in Social Sciences, Economics or Law
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in project management and / or implementation of EU or other donour funded projects and programmes
- Research background on issues directly linked with social protection and support to socially vulnerable groups
- Hands-on experience in report writing
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation, incl. budget monitoring and reporting on performance.
- Knowledge of EC procedures, particularly about the Erasmus+, Rights Equality and Citizenship and H2020 programmes.
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet tight timetables and deadlines and deliver in high quality
- Excellent English (both verbal and written)
- Experience in drafting applications for funding submitted under calls for proposals either from the EU or from other international donours.
- Previous experience in the design and implementation of awareness raising and communication activities, incl. solid social media experience.
- Fluent knowledge of a third language besides Greek and English.
Applications via firstname.lastname@example.org