The main aim of the YOUTHECO project is to upskill and/or reskill NEETs (“Not in Education, Employment, or Training”) and women with green sector skills development, providing new career paths. The project aims to provide connections with green sector companies to help NEETs and women jumpstart their green sector jobs.
Moreover, YOUTECHO aims to increase cross sectoral and transnational cooperation to promote inclusion of disadvantaged NEETs and adopt participatory action research and co-creation methodologies for the design and development of the project activities. YOUTHECO will strengthen the employability of NEETs and young women to re-enter the labour market and sustain employability in the green sector.
During its 24-month lifetime, YOUTHECO will directly and indirectly positively impact at least:
NEETs, youth practitioners and business sector professionals who will participate in the Scrutiny Panel of the project and in the Pilot testing of the Training Course and Open Resource eToolbox
youth practitioners who will build and expand their knowledge & skills by participating in the Hybrid Capacity-building of youth workers and the training workshops with NEETs and women
NEETs and women from work shadowing placements (2-week span) across all partners countries in green sector organisations and companies
NEETs and women who will build and expand their knowledge and skills on green sector from participating in specialized training workshops supported by youth practitioners
relevant stakeholders by participating in virtual transnational roundtables for the creation of Policy and Practice Recommendation guide
YOUTHECO at a glance:
- A Training package available in 6 languages (EN, DE, GR, MT, SL, PL) comprising of a Training Course for youth workers and educators, including 7 modules (i.e.Forest-based care, Waste Reduction, Social agriculture, Energy supply, Urban green care, Eco-tourism, Green Entrepreneurship)
- An Open Resource e-Toolbox for NEETs and women comprised of 60 resources and based on the Green companies framework, building knowledge on the 7 key green sectors of the Training package
- Capacity building with 72 youth practitioners and implementation workshops with 180 NEETs and young women
- Online YOUTHECO Hub, featuring a Green sector eDatabase comprising 30 green sector organisations/companies and 30 NEETs for work shadowing placements
- Virtual roundtables involving 40 green sector professionals, policy-makers, educators, youth workers, NEETs and women for the co-creation of a Policy and Practice Recommendations Guide
- Five local awareness-raising events, and one social media campaign aiming to reach more than 250,000 people through a strategic coordinated dissemination sustainability and exploitation plan.