The Sport Trainers Squared project will focus on:
- Identifying methods and practices that can be used to prepare migrants to become sports trainers, transforming them into a training format
- Identifying the existing knowledge of sports coaches (belonging to “team sports”) in order to train migrants, elaborating an online course based on their needs
- Empowering disadvantaged migrants and preparing them to become Sports Instructors through Education Through Sport (ETS) methodology.
The above-mentioned goals will be achieved through:
- A cross-country research in order to identify the needs of the target groups: migrants and sport trainers
- An educational curriculum for sport coaches and educators belonging to “team sports” who are interested in working with migrants in each partner country
- An online course that will give the chance of completing the training and receiving a certification to other sport coaches as well
- Empowerment activities implemented by the trained sport coaches with local migrants, summed up in a training format, which will also validate the adequacy of the training.
During its 30-month lifetime, STS will directly and indirectly positively impact at least:
sport trainers who work with migrants testing the educational curriculum
migrants interested in becoming sport instructors testing the training format
participants at the national dissemination events
STS at a glance:
- 1 research report on migrants’ needs to become sport instructors and on sport coaches’ needs to train migrants through ETS
- 1 educational curriculum for sport coaches working with migrants
- 1 training format for migrants wishing to become sport instructors
- 1 online training course for sport coaches
- Testing of the educational curriculum with 5 sport trainers in each partner country
- Testing of the training format with a group of 20 migrants in each partner country
- 6 national dissemination events with at least 50 participants in each partner country.