Roma Plus project’s aim is to train and reduce the drop-out rates of Adult (low-literate) Roma, while enhancing the skills and competences of adult Trainers/Teachers in the use of modern adult training techniques, tailored to the Roma cultural background.
The primary objective is going to be achieved through the development of:
- Open educational resources (OER) for educators working with adult Roma with low literacy, to enhance their relevant competences
- Peer learning material that will target low skilled adult Roma, creating a learning experience that will increase their literacy level.
During its 24-month lifetime, Roma Plus will positively impact:
Adult Roma having their literacy skills increased
Roma learners benefiting from their participation in the Massive Open Online Courses (MooC) platform
Roma Representatives and associations acting as “ambassadors” to spread the word and sensitise others
Adult Trainers/Teachers having their capacity built
participants with fewer opportunities that are going to be guided and supported by the adult teaching/training procedure of Roma Plus
Grass-root NGOs and relevant stakeholders equipped with new skills, knowledge and resources able to better help Roma people
Roma Plus at a glance:
- Increased acceptance of the Adult Roma through their improved literacy skills
- 3 Intellectual Outputs
- 1 Joint Staff Training Event
- 4 Transnational Meetings, including the Kick-Off Meeting and the Final Conference
- 4 Multiplier Events, including a final Conference
- +170 Adult Roma (learners and educators) will improve their skills and knowledge
- 1 project-website
- 100 posters & 500 brochures / leaflets per partner that are going to be delivered to end-users and beneficiaries.