Symplexis is a partner in the new Erasmus Plus project RESTORE: pRovidE Social paThways fOr Roma pEople.
The RESTORE project comes to underline the need of fostering civic engagement of Roma adults in their local communities, bringing them closer to EU values and ideas of union and diversity.
RESTORE will address the following needs:
- the lack of Roma’s civic engagement into their local communities,
- the difficulty of Roma adults to be provided with upskilling pathways,
- the discrimination barriers of local communities towards Roma minorities,
- the gap of low-skilled adult trainers concerning the provision of tailored-made civic training and
- the lack of appropriate knowledge regarding the civic educational models that are existing in the EU that can be related to a notable increase of civic engagement of Roma.
The consortium consists of 7 partners from 5 countries:
- INSTITUT FUR ROMA UNDMINDERHEITEN EV – Germany
- BK Consult GbR – Germany
- Vienna Association of Education Volunteers (VAEV) – Austria
- Akmi Katartisi Ekpaideysi Anonymi Etaireia – Greece
- Symplexis – Greece
- Romaversitas Alapítványt – Hungary
- Citizens Associaton for Support of Marginalized Groups Roma Resource Center Skopje (RRC) – The Republic of North Macedonia