The PREPARE – PRomoting Environmental Protection and leARning on climate changE” aims to raise awareness about green skills and professions of the future that revolve around sustainability, with a focus on the tourism sector, to eventually boost the green economy.
The objectives of the project are:
- to inform and educate young people entering the workforce about sustainable careers in the tourism sector, promoting employability and contributing to the growth of the green economy
- to train municipal employees on how to approach sustainability topics and organize capacity building events, promoting sustainable practices in their workplaces and communities
- to create lasting synergies between stakeholders on the national level by matching NGOs and local authorities, promoting sustainable and green economy
- to promote transnational synergies between stakeholders, sharing knowledge and best practices related to sustainable practices in the tourism sector.
The PREPARE project will implement the following activities:
- a State-of-the-art analysis and development of policy recommendations and case studies focusing on the identification of green skills and professions and the widespread of existing good practices
- a capacity-building programme, training modules and an e-learning platform to inform and train the beneficiaries about environmental protection and green skills
- a pilot testing and an awareness raising campaign to implement the capacity-building programme and to disseminate their activities and aim.
During its 36-month lifetime, PREPARE will directly and indirectly positively impact at least:
- 50 municipal employees and professionals from NGOs/CSOs/tourism industry that will participate in the co-creation events
- 20 municipal staff, 3 other professionals and 15 young people in each partner country that will participate in the pilot testing of the training programmes
- 200 persons that will participate in the project’s info days.
- 10000 national and EU stakeholders that wiil be informed about the project outputs through the project dissemination activities.
PREPARE at a glance:
- Development of a transnational report which will include a state-of-the-art analysis, case studies and policy recommendations, which will be available in 5 languages (English, Turkish, Greek, Macedonian and Italian)
- Development of a training programme for municipal personnel and CSOs/tourism industry professionals in 5 languages (English, Turkish, Greek, Macedonian and Italian)
- Development of an e-learning platform to host the educational materials available in 5 languages (English, Turkish, Greek, Macedonian and Italian)
- 8 pilot testing events in Turkey, North Macedonia, Italy and Greece (2 in each country)
- An awareness social media campaign in each partner country
- 8 Info Days in Turkey, North Macedonia, Italy and Greece (2 in each country).
- A Final Conference in Turkey