PADIGE’s goal is to increase democratic legitimacy by promoting the possibilities and the initiatives that the EU offers to partake in the decision making process.
PADIGE focuses on the European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI), aiming to facilitate the initial phases of ECI proposals preparation through the development of a platform that allows young people to share ideas and get in contact with peers that share the same ideas.
The objectives are:
- To raise the awareness about the European Citizens Initiative as an instrument of European “direct democracy”
- To provide high quality trainings and tools for Participatory Design of ECIs by using an innovative approach, such as the creation of a blended learning programme and the development of a wiki platform;
- To raise awareness among young people about the importance of Gender Equality
- To provide civic engagement opportunities to disadvantaged young people
- To have an impact on the EU law creation by presenting a new proposal based on the concept of Participatory Design.
The target group:
Young people between 18 and 29 years old with interest in the design of the creation, improvement, or adjustment of the laws on gender equality.
Among them, there will be at least 30% representation of NEETs (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) and young people with limited opportunities, as well as a 50-50 gender balance ratio.
- Online platform for Participatory Design of European Citizens Initiative
The platform will be based on a wiki tool and will allow the creation of an ECI proposal by youths, on the topic of gender equality, by using participatory design methodology.
- Guide for Youth Workers
- Awareness raising campaigns
During its 24-month lifetime, PADIGE will directly and indirectly positively impact:
youth workers from 5 countries
youth workers in total