The ISports project main objective is to develop a holistic approach for the protection of young athletes from any form of sexual harassment, empowering sport professionals, young athletes and sport clubs towards sexual harassment detection, prevention, and combat in 4 EU Member States and Turkey through activities that:
- Address gaps in policy and service provision inside sports clubs, focusing on detecting- reporting and preventing of sexual harassment, as part of a holistic young athletes protection approach.
- Support the capacity building of sport professionals, athletes and parents regarding their risks and rights, as well as the detection, management and prevention of sexual harassment.
- Put in place sustainable and transferable mechanism to support young athletes.
- Raise awareness of sport professionals, athletes and parents, sports associations, as well as of the community, on detecting- reporting and preventing of sexual harassment.
- Contribute to sport-specific policymaking.
I-Sports specific objectives are
- Tackling sexual harassment in sport.
- Support athletes that have been victims of sexual harassment.
- Re-education of athletes and sport professionals on sexual harassment for deradicalizing it.
- Preventing sexual harassment among athletes.
- Training parents and sport professionals on how to manage sexual harassment cases effectively.
- Create open resources material on the matter of sexual harassment through the ISports online platform
- Raise awareness on sexual harassment in sports
- Inform policymakers
During its 24-month lifetime, I-Sports will directly and indirectly positively impact:
learners (sport professionals, athletes, parents) trained though the online MOOC on how to prevent, manage & combat sexual harassment in sport
learners (sport club managers, coaches, sport professionals and athletes) trained through the training seminars
users pilot testing the ISports mechanism
policy makers reached through the policy briefs and recommendations and contribute to sport-specific policymaking through the development of policy recommendations on the prevention, detection and combat of sexual harassment incidents in sports
stakeholders reached through the multiplier events
sport professionals and young athletes, represented by the project participants, through dissemination actions
I-Sports at a glance
- 1 Best Practices Guide in Europe and beyond on preventing and combating sexual harassment in sports
- 1 ISports mechanism, aiming at the detection and prevention of sexual harassment within sport clubs
- 1 ISports Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) which will facilitate the training process of sport club managers, coaches, sport professionals and athletes on prevention and response to sexual harassment. It will also include a certification mechanism for the sport professionals who will complete the training.
- 6 training seminars (2 in Greece, 2 in Italy, 1 in Cyprus, 1 in Turkey)
- 6 multiplier events (2 in Greece, 2 in Italy, 1 in Cyprus, 1 in Turkey)
- Short Policy beliefs (every 4 months)
- 1 Policy recommendations paper
- 1 Project website
- 1 Final international Conference