The GEA – Growing into Eco-conscious Adults project aims to enhance “environmental literacy” of adults, in order for them to be able to contribute to informed decision-making and establish stronger adaptation capacities of their community, thus empowering people to adopt more sustainable lifestyles.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- to increase adults’ opportunities to engage with their communities in environmental & climate actions;
- to develop an open e-learning programme for adult educators and a set of resources aimed at increasing eco-consciousness and community engagement;
- to encourage a shared decision making process and co-design of environmental policies;
- to ensure wide and sustainable access to a set of innovative results for stronger environmental literacy.
Its concrete results include:
- an Interactive Report;
- an E-learning kit for adult educators;
- a Sustainability kit for environmental awareness-raising;
- a co-designed policy initiatives booklet.
During its 36-month lifetime, GEA will directly and indirectly positively impact at least:
- 70 adults from disadvantaged backgrounds, who will be actively involved in the project
- 70 adult educators, who will be actively involved in the project
- 525 adults from disadvantaged backgrounds, who will benefit from the itinerant classes
- 105 adult educators, who will be trained
- 49 policy-makers and local community representatives, who will give feedback on proposed policies.
- 2000 adults from disadvantaged backgrounds, who will be provided with a sustainability toolkit.
- 210 stakeholders will be informed of the project and its results.
GEA at a glance:
- 1 Interactive Report – a report on citizen science approaches, environmental challenges and climate actions in each of the partner country
- 1 E-learning programme, based on the defined learning outcomes, including 5 learning modules
- 1 Sustainability kit, with a printable “how-to guide”, collecting instruments to support environmental awareness-raising among adults
- 35 Itinerant Classes, organized in the partner countries, to pilot the environmental awareness-raising actions
- 14 Roundtables with local community representatives, giving input on selected policy initiatives
- 7 Local Environmental Committees involving the local community representatives
- 7 national Dissemination Events.