Symplexis is a dynamic non-for-profit organisation, aiming at elevating social cohesion, serving the modern needs of populations at risk of social exclusion and promoting human rights. For this purpose, the organization designs and implements user-centered activities, having a set of values as cornerstone, like impact sustainability, respect to uniqueness and tailor-made approach, user-driven design and implementation, results-based orientation and superior community ideals.
Symplexis pays particular emphasis to donour funded Programmes promoting human rights and integration of vulnerable populations, implementing currently several donour funded transnational projects, in cooperation with NGOs, universities, companies, VET centers and institutions from countries throughout the European Union. As part of the continuous growth and expansion in the organisation’s projects of transnational cooperation, we are looking to hire a hard-working and enthusiastic Financial officer to join our team.
The main duties of the Senior Project Manager position involve contribution under 2 pillars:
- Supporting the implementation of specific ongoing projects, undertaking the preparation of progress and financial reports, as well as monitoring the implementation of approved project budgets
- Assisting the financial monitoring of the organisation, both in terms of planning and reporting, expense reporting, financial transactions, contributing to the preparation of the organisation’s financial accounts and financial optics in general.
- BSc Degree preferably in Financial, Economics or Business
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in financial management of projects and programmes funded by the EU
- Previous experience in utilizing management and monitoring tools, particularly ERPs
- Solid capability in working with numbers and quantitative calculations
- Hands-on experience in report writing
- Knowledge of EC procedures, particularly about the Erasmus+, Rights Equality and Citizenship and Horizon programmes proven by successful completion of at least 10 projects funded by the above-mentioned programmes
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet tight timetables and deadlines and deliver in high quality
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in English (particularly written)
- Previous professional experience in a Financial Department or Accounting Department of a company or organisation
- Knowledge of payroll organisation, accounting and expense monitoring
- Professional experience in organisation and implementation of procurement