The COVID-19 emergency has created several issues for professors and students, forcing them to quickly learn the various methods for carrying out distance learning, a skill that is not obvious especially for professors with difficulties in using new multimedia technologies. Considering the current global health situation, it is needed for European Universities to discuss, learn and exchange experiences on adapting teaching activities to new learning situations in order to recover and thrive in a post COVID-19 educational world.
The objectives are to
- support digital transformation plans at all levels of educational online activities;
- support new digital pedagogical methods and expertises in the use of digital tools for teachers (digital integrated learning, advanced multimedia, but also interactive 3D, VR,
- holographic tools, etc.) and really effective use for students;
- launch a more integrated strategic dialogue with EU Member States to prepare a proposal for a Council Recommendation on the enabling factors for successful digital education by 2022.
The target group
The target groups of EDU-GATE project will be professors, associate teachers, researchers, students, associations and consortium of universities, Ministries of Education, who want to develop an effective knowledge in digitalization and innovative learning activities for more resilient educational contexts.
National events will also target employees, future entrepreneurs who want to develop business; youth unemployed that want to be entrepreneurs; civil servants, training experts and other stakeholders who will see the project intellectual outputs.
- Impact and diffusion of digital education in Higher Education Institutions: a research on innovative solutions, methods, skills and best practices to enhance the EU Digital Education Action Plan;
- Online training curriculum to identify a learning contents, experiential knowledge and skills assessment tools: methodology of development and delivering;
- Integrated online platform for digital integrated learning, multi-level cooperation and resources sharing;
- Learning contents, classroom guidelines and skills assessment tools.
- Innovative curriculum, including the most advanced educational design and delivering techniques, will be created for the development of teachers’ skills and a certificate of
- attendance will be released to participants.
During its 24-month lifetime, C4MWR will directly and indirectly positively impact
8.ooo people reached via various dissemination activities around Europe.