Today’s society is multicultural and multilingual, individuals are able to enjoy freedoms unheard of before and there are educational methods and frameworks to accommodate the needs of every learner. However, intercultural conflicts continue to rise at schools, leading to intolerance and discrimination. DD@S aims at empowering European secondary school teachers in dealing with multicultural challenges at school. Therefore, this project contributes in the professional development of teachers to acquire effective dialogue skills to cope with ethnic, religious and multicultural conflict situations at school.
This will be achieved by:
- The development of the DD@S training, a gamification based online training that will provide professionals dialogue skills;
- The development of a toolkit which will include training modules for teachers, an implementation guide and policy recommendations about the preconditions for implementing DD@S at school;
- Actively contributing towards the professional development of teachers in the countries where the project will be implemented.
During its 30-month lifetime, DD@S will directly and indirectly positively impact:
school teachers in each participating country
schools per participating country
DD@S at a glance:
- 2 transnational meetings (in Greece and Belgium)
- 3 webinars in each participating country disseminating the project results
- 1 toolkit including good practices
- 1 gamification-based e-learning platform
- 4 training modules translated into 6 languages
- 1 e-publication with policy recommendations
- 1 project website