Symplexis is a partner in the new Erasmus Plus project DD@S- Democratic Dialogue at school: An online game based training tool on Democratic Dialogue for Teachers.
The DD@S project believes in the strength of dialogue to tackle intolerance and discrimination at school to stimulate inclusive education all over Europe. Therefore, this project contributes in the professional development of teachers to acquire effective dialogue skills to cope with ethnic, religious and multicultural conflict situations at school. To achieve the above, the consortium in collaboration with the schools involved in this project as associated partners and members of the network of the DD@S consortium will use a multi perspective approach that actively involves teachers from all participating countries in each step of the project.
To meet the needs of the project, the objectives of the DD@S project are to:
- Build awareness concerning controversial topics within the school context and the effects this might have for the school climate.
- Provide teachers with professional development training in dialogue skills through the DD@S gamification based online training.
- Provide teachers with a toolkit of teacher modules with theoretical information, applied in good practices, a guide for implementation and policy recommendations about the preconditions for implementing Democratic Dialogue at school.
- Support school teachers in reflective thinking, communication skills and dialoguing on controversial themes, such as religious or ethnic intolerance.
- Help teachers will feel confident in dealing with controversy and intolerance at school, more specifically, intolerance towards pupils, colleagues, parents or themselves.
- Directly address about 75 school teachers in each participating country. Additionally, the project team has a large network that has the capacity to reach over 1000 schools per participating country for further dissemination of project results.
- Erasmushogeschool Brussel – Belgium
- Centro per lo Sviluppo Creativo Danilo Dolci (CSCDD) – Italy
- Istituto D’Istruzione Superiore Einaudi Pareto – Italy
- Centre for Advancement of research and development in educational technology LTD (CARDET) – Cyprus
- University of Nicosia (UNIC) – Cyprus
- Symplexis – Greece
- Interorthodox Centre of the Church of Greece – Greece
- GO! technisch atheneum Zavelenberg Sint-Agatha-Berchem – Belgium